It’s time to stop running around trying to fix the problem and learn how you can avoid such problems in the future.
1) Make sure your WiFi is turned on, this will help with signal strength.2) You might want to try using a different app for phone calls or texts instead of Hangouts, people sometimes have issues connecting there too!3) If all else fails, contact our team at (888-814-1187).
If you’re experiencing issues with calls in Google Duo, here are some tips to try.
If you are having problems with your video call on Android, try the following tips.
Despite the fact that video calling has been around for a long time, it has never been utilized on such a large scale as it is now. And, to make it simpler and compete with Apple’s FaceTime, Android OEMs went so far as to include it into the system. The default choice, Google Duo, is, of course, provided by Google. However, some customers claim that video calling on Android does not function for them.
If you are one of those users, we recommend that you follow the actions outlined below. If you’re in a hurry, we recommend the following simple troubleshooting steps:
- Examine the network
- Restart your computer.
- Updates should be uninstalled or the app data should be cleared (from video calling service and phone app)
- Simply go to another app since there are so many to choose from.
Contents: Table of Contents
- Examine your network connection.
- Create a Google Duo account.
- Updates for Google Duo should be uninstalled.
- Updates in the Phone app should be uninstalled.
- Change your default dialer application.
- Try a different third-party app.
Why isn’t my video conferencing working?
Whether video calling isn’t functioning, check to see if you’re connected to a reliable network and have Google Duo set up. All call receivers are in the same boat. This won’t work if they don’t have Duo.
If it doesn’t work, delete Google Duo and the Phone app updates. Finally, try using WhatsApp, Viber, Telegram, or any third-party app that allows you to make video and VoIP conversations.
1. Verify your network connection.
The first step is to double-check your network connection. A network connection, whether Wi-Fi or mobile data, is required for video or VoIP conversations. As a result, make sure you’re connected to a reliable Wi-Fi network. If you’re on the go, ensure sure Google Duo (the default video calling software on many Android smartphones) has permission to access your data.
Allow Google Duo to utilize your mobile data in the background by following these steps:
- Open the Settings menu.
- Select Apps.
- All applications should be expanded.
- From the list of available applications, choose Google Duo.
- Choose between mobile data and Wi-Fi or only mobile data.
- Permit Google Duo to use your phone’s data in the background.
Also, under Settings > Network & internet > Data saver, make sure the Data saver is turned off.
If you’re having trouble connecting to Wi-Fi, find out how to solve it here. On the other side, if you’re having trouble with your mobile data, read this article.
2. Create a Google Duo account.
You must first submit your phone number and connect in with your Google Account in order to utilize Google Duo. This may be done from the Phone (Dialer) or from the App Drawer by just launching the Google Duo app.
After you’ve opened the app, sign in using your phone number. Make sure you give Google Duo all of the rights it need. If you forgot to give any rights, go to Settings > Applications > All apps > Google Duo > Permissions and allow them all.
Instead of using the Contacts or Phone applications, try making a call straight from the Google Duo app. If this doesn’t work and you still can’t make a video call on Android, go on to the next step.
3. Remove Google Duo updates from your computer.
The next step is to reinstall Google Duo in order to resolve the issue. Google Duo is a system app on several Android skins. In a nutshell, it’s the go-to video calling service. This implies you won’t be able to delete the program fully. You may accomplish this by uninstalling Google Duo updates and resetting the app.
On your Android, follow these steps to delete Google Duo updates:
- Open the Google Play Store.
- Look for Google Duo on the internet.
- To revert Google Duo to its factory state, tap Uninstall (and confirm).
- Restart your smartphone and go to the Google Play Store.
- Check for improvements after updating Google Duo.
4. From the Phone app, uninstall updates.
If the preceding step didn’t work, repeat the process using the Phone app. Instead of going via the Play Store, you’ll have to go through System settings to delete updates from the Phone app this time.
To delete updates from the Phone app, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings > Applications (Apps & notifications) > All apps once again (Manage apps).
- Open the Phone app from the available applications list.
- Select Uninstall updates from the 3-dot menu.
- Wait for the app to update after restarting your smartphone and connecting to Wi-Fi.
5. Switch to a different dialer app.
Samsung’s native Phone software, which combines Google Duo for video conversations, is used by the majority of customers who have experienced troubles with video calls. So, directly from the dialer app, you may opt to make a video call instead of a conventional call.
Although Samsung’s default app includes Google Duo video chatting, you might try switching to Google Phone. Although it may not be your first option, Google Duo may operate better using Google’s app rather than the Samsung Phone dialer software.
Here’s how to change your Samsung’s default dialer app:
- Install the Phone by Google app from the Play Store. It may be found here.
- Open the Settings menu.
- Select Apps.
- Choose Default Apps from the drop-down menu at the top.
- Select Phone by Google as the Phone app.
- To make video calls, open Google’s Phone, allow all rights, and test it out.
6. Try a different third-party app.
Finally, if none of the other options worked, we can only recommend switching to a different provider for the time being. Many programs, most of them instant messengers like WhatsApp, Telegram, Viber, Facebook Messenger, or Signal, support video calls.
There are specialist applications available, such as Zoom, Microsoft Teams, and Google Meet. These applications are designed for conferencing and operate via invites (links) rather than phone numbers.
Which one you select is determined on your own preferences and the number of individuals you communicate with who use it. If you want a privacy-focused instant messenger, we suggest Signal, and if you want a conference-focused video calling option, we recommend Zoom. However, the majority of people you know are likely to choose WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger over Signal.
That ought to enough. Report the issue to Google here and Samsung here (be sure to choose your location) so that it may be fixed in the next version.
Thank you for taking the time to read this post, and we hope it has helped you in resolving the difficulties. Please feel free to add or remove anything in the comments area below. We are always eager to hear from you.
Watch This Video-
If you are experiencing video call is not working on your Android device, there are a few things that you can do to fix the issue. These tips will help resolve the problem. Reference: why is video call unavailable.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why my phone video call is not working?
A: The video call feature is not working.
If you have any questions about the app, please contact us by going to settings within the app and selecting Help. We will be happy to assist you!
How do I check my video call on android?
A: You can check your video call on android by going to the app drawer and finding the icon of the person you are trying to call. They will be in a small window with their face, some bars at top left corner that represent quality and a blinking green light next to it. If there is no such icon then tap on Quick Connect or open up any other chat program like WhatsApp
How do I check my video call settings?
A: YouTube has a feature that allows you to chat with other users and check your video call settings. To access this, in the top left corner of the screen, click on Me then select Chat.
- samsung video call not working
- samsung video call not working s21
- video call unavailable at&t
- request to switch to video call rejected samsung
- samsung video call not working at&t